Monday, December 29, 2008

What a Joyous Whirlwind!!

Back from Christmas with the family. It was so wonderful to see them all. I wish I could have spent more time with everybody. I'm contemplating taking weekends and visiting one portion of the family at a time. It's a little hectic with everyone all at once, or running from house to house in one day. Joyous. Merry. Wonderful. But, hectic.

And, yes, two presents got wrapped unfinished. And that's okay. I'll get them done by the end of January. And one last present is almost finished, but I'm pretty unhappy with it. The hall table is just not right. Bummer. But, I will finish it tonight, and take it up to Bret and tell him that he can help design a better one (one that will fit his needs). And the next one I won't make the doweling mistakes on the legs (I might even cheat and buy legs already made...). It's actually not a bad little table. It's just not a great little table.

On the bright side, I have two presents started for next year! And plans for others.

This year will be the year that I get everything done. I will start in September, when things aren't too crazy. I will have everything planned by the time October comes around, so there will be no scurrying about trying to decide what to knit. I've started the list today!! Which means I won't forget the excellent idea I had on Christmas Day for my niece and nephew-in-law!! WoOt!!

And maybe, just maybe, next Christmas I'll actually get to relax!!

No comments: